Only choose the dates shown below on enrolling on your course
Monday 30/08/21 – Thursday 02/09/21
Monday 27/09/21 – Thursday 30/09/21
Monday 01/11/21 – Thursday 04/11/21
Enroll in this course
Level 2 Award in CCTV/PSS Operation
Length of the course 4 days
Guided Learning Hours: 30 Hours
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work
in the private security industry must undertake a recognized qualification before
applying for a license.
The Level 2 Award in CCTV Operation has been developed to meet the
requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA
Specifications for Learning and Qualifications and provides the necessary skills and
knowledge for learners who wish to apply for an SIA license and work as a CCTV Operator within the private security industry.
The qualification is comprised of 4 mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2 – Working as a CCTV operator
Unit 3 – Practical assessment of CCTV operation
This qualification can enable the learner to progress into employment within the sector also further learning in other areas of the private security industry, such as Door supervisor or Security Guarding and close protection operative.
Must have right to work in the UK
It is the centre’s responsibility to ensure that each learner is sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or the Welsh language. All assessments must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh, as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient reading, writing, speaking, and listening language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
Evidence must be retained by centres for all learners and made available for external quality review purposes.
As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales, or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1 First-aid requirements When applying for a close protection licence, learners will be required to produce evidence that they have attained a recognised first-aid award (this is not a qualification requirement). Learners should present their valid first-aid certificate to their training provider before starting training.