WHO REQUIRES THIS QUALIFICATION?
This qualification is designed for learners working in, or aspiring to work in the construction industry. Its objective is to prepare learners for employment in construction, giving learners the knowledge required to undertake their jobs safely. Successful learners who also complete the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment knowledge test can apply for the CSCS Labourer’s card.
WHY A HIGHFIELD QUALIFICATION?
Highfield is the leading provider of regulated compliance qualifications in the UK, certificating over 350,000 learners a year. We’re extremely proud to be a Highfield-approved center and offer industry-recognized qualifications that will enhance your career prospects.
Must have right to work in the UK
It is the center’s responsibility to ensure that each learner is sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or the Welsh language. All assessments must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh, as appropriate. Centers must ensure that learners have sufficient reading, writing, speaking, and listening language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
Evidence must be retained by centers for all learners and made available for external quality review purposes.
As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognized English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales, or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1 First-aid requirements When applying for a close protection license, learners will be required to produce evidence that they have attained a recognized first-aid award (this is not a qualification requirement). Learners should present their valid first-aid certificate to their training provider before starting training.