Only choose the dates shown below on enrolling on your course
Monday 11/10/21 to 13/10/21
Enroll in this course
Length of the course 4 days
Guided Learning Hours: 30 Hours
WHO REQUIRES THIS QUALIFICATION?
The objective of this qualification is to support those individuals needing to become a first-aider in the workplace.
WHY A HIGHFIELD QUALIFICATION?
Highfield is the leading provider of regulated compliance qualifications in the UK, certificating over 350,000 learners a year.
We’re extremely proud to be a Highfield-approved center and offer industry-recognized qualifications that will enhance your career prospects.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
the roles and responsibilities of a first-aider
Assessing an emergency situation safely
CPR and AED
administering first aid to a choking casualty
putting a casualty in the recovery position
dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
Must have right to work in the UK
It is the centre’s responsibility to ensure that each learner is sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or the Welsh language. All assessments must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh, as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient reading, writing, speaking, and listening language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
Evidence must be retained by centres for all learners and made available for external quality review purposes.
As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales, or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1 First-aid requirements When applying for a close protection licence, learners will be required to produce evidence that they have attained a recognised first-aid award (this is not a qualification requirement). Learners should present their valid first-aid certificate to their training provider before starting training.